Monday, August 7, 2017

Pattern Test - Chai Shirt and Dress by Itch to Stitch

This week, I had the pleasure of testing a new pattern from Itch to Stitch, the Chai Shirt and Dress. And let me just tell you, this has got to be the cutest shirt I have ever made for myself! I have plans to make at least four more, and at least one will be a dress. I LOVE the shape and fit of it, it's super feminine. Even my husband likes it! I can't say enough good things about it! And it went together relatively quickly and smoothly (except for a couple finickey buttonholes, but I worked it out.)



This pattern is fit not only in the usual bust, waist and hips, but also for cup size. I had never done a pattern with cups taken into consideration, and I am so happy I tried this!


I had to shorten the bodice slightly (one inch), and graded to fit, but no real major adjustments. I do recommend doing a muslin for fit though, I did two before I stitched this one up.

There are buttonholes and buttons, a collar, seam trimming and grading (there's a tutorial linked if you don't know how to do this), hand stitching OR stitch in the ditch (your choice), darts, and gathers. I definitely wouldn't call this a beginner pattern, it's more like intermediate.


And how great is this collar? I have made a couple collared shirts before, but they never turn out this good! The instructions are very clear and well written, so you can sew up a professional looking collar.




You can get this pattern for yourself HERE, and you should because you'll look amazing in it!

📷 by Logan Maciejewski.

No comments:

Post a Comment