Saturday, December 22, 2012

New projects

I've been working really hard the last couple weeks on two projects. One, I've worked on while my husband is at work, and the other, while he's home. I'm still not done with either of them, but I'm done enough to share!

Project #1: Hubby's christmas quillow

 
I just finished the quilt part of it last night. You can see Marvin in the corner there, he gives his approval! I still have to trim the raw edges, make the pocket, sew it on, and bind the whole thing, but the hardest part is done. It's a quilt-as-you-go strip quilt, and I did it all on my standard machine. I'm hoping I'll be able to finish most of what's left before he gets home from work today, but I don't even have binding yet! I think I'll be staying up late at least one night between now and Tuesday to finish it.

Project #2: Stained glass quilt pattern


This is a simple fat quarter/fat 16th/scrap quilt pattern I've been working on. My sample piece will be a twin size, and requires 80 blocks. I have 50 done so far, and everything ready to do the rest. As soon as it's done, I'll write up the pattern and add it to my Craftsy store!

So that's what I'm working on. Not to mention that I've had a dress pattern printed and waiting to be laid out and cut for weeks now. Hopefully after Christmas I can get back to my Craftsy classes so I can learn how to properly alter a pattern so it actually fits me.

Speaking of Craftsy...Don't forget the Craftsy Christmas sale is going on till midnight Christmas Eve! All online classes are up to 75% off. And if you can't decide, you can get yourself a gift certificate while the price is low, and decide later (that's what I did!)

Online Quilting Class

2 comments: