Friday, March 18, 2011

It's HERE!


Wednesday was the big day that my proof copy of "Monkeying Around" arrived! It seemed like it took forever, but it was really less than 3 weeks. Next time I order a proof, I'll spring for better shipping than media mail!

Anyway, here's a photo of my first ever book!

This pattern was inspired by the children's song "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed." I've been working on it off and on (mostly off) since October of 2009. I just finished it in February and submitted it for publishing.

Getting the pattern itself designed wasn't a huge deal, but the formatting and diagrams took a while. I use AutoCAD for work, so that was what I used to do the entire book except the cover (which was done in Photo Shop). The book includes directions for five sizes of a fat quarter quilt, and directions and pieces to applique the five monkeys onto it.
I'm currently trying to upload the file with my changes, and by tomorrow I should be able to order another proof. That is, if I can ever get the file to process! Cellular internet doesn't seem to like me too much, but we have very few options where I live. It may have to wait till Monday when I get to work again. Either that or my little guy and I will have to make a stop for lunch at a local wi-fi hot spot.
I am confident that I've made all the changes I need to. It was all minor fixes. So as soon as they tell me that my proof has shipped, I'll approve it and it'll be available for sale!! I will post a link here on my blog as soon as it's available.

I always wanted to write a book. I always thought it'd be a novel if I ever did it, but here I am with a 36 page quilt pattern with my name on the cover. Snazzy!
EDIT: As of March 22, this pattern is available for sale! You can get your copy here:

No comments:

Post a Comment